Cooking Korean!

A small adventure branching out to cooking a few Korean side dishes and having Korean BBQ (sort of) at our place! We did this by finally using our wedding present from Sririn - an 8-person party electric grill with a natural stone cooktop! It was great for cooking fresh on the spot and to keep things warm whilst we eat! The special occasion was that we had the first of our church family all the way over from the South-west to visit us (on a weeknight too!), so was definitely a special occasion!
As this was one of my first attempts making Korean food, I resorted to good ol' google and did some research to find all my favourite Korean dishes. I found a couple of great blogs and was inspired by the pretty photos and the e-books these guys have made; Maangchi and My Korean Kitchen!

Mains
Korean BBQ with bulgogi and pork belly
Pork belly with lettuce, cucumber and Ssamjang (soybean paste)
Seafood and shallot pancake with tangy dipping sauce
Jap chae
Side dishes (Banchan)
Mung bean jelly (Darth vader moulds!) with seaweed and soy-sesame sauce
My favourite - sweet soy potatoes!
Bean sprout and cucumber

0 comments :

Post a Comment