Pandan waffles

makes 6 waffles
Adapted from Wok and Kin
If you have ever been to Cabramatta and had a pandan waffle then you will know why this is worth making. The prices seem to have quadrupled (from 50c to $2 over the past few years!) for one now so it is probably time to start making this delicious dessert at home. My dessert-loving friend passed this recipe on to me and it is just like the original, except I don't have the right shaped waffle maker and I cut the sugar to a third of a cup so I could also give some to my little ones reasonably guilt-free. I think I prefer it with less sugar actually, especially after I found some Pandan gelato to have it with!! Thank you Art of Michelangelo, Carramar - this has made me and many other pandan-loving friends of mine very happy :)
Prep time: 15 min
Cooking time: 30 min (approximately 5 minutes per waffle)

Ingredients
2 cups self raising flour
1/3 cup caster sugar
1 cup full cream milk
400-500mL coconut cream (1 can)
2 eggs
1 tsp pandan extract
100 g coconut shreds 

Method
1. Combine the self raising flour, sugar, milk, coconut cream and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Add in the pandan extract and then the coconut shreds. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours, or even overnight.
2. Heat the waffle maker to high heat, spray with oil then add in waffle mixture, taking care not to completely fill the waffle maker as the mixture spreads and can spill over. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Serve warm, with ice cream, fruit or as is.
You can decide what one portion is :)


0 comments :

Post a Comment