The Last Hillsdale Hurrah: A Noodle Extravaganza

Beautiful flowers from Sal, Carol & me in our cosy apartment
 In October 2011 I made the migration from the top end of the North Shore to a small eastern suburb that nobody knows called Hillsdale. It has been quite the adventure and a most wonderful two and a half years with my friend and flatmate Carolina :) I cannot be thankful enough for having someone so supportive as a friend and also in the same industry to share both study and work highlights and frustrations, to gossip and to vent about the men of the world, friendships, family and sporting injuries (!), and to just chill out with and come home to!
We started out thinking we’d see how it goes after six months, finally remembered to talk over it at twelve months and now almost thirty months later it’s finally over. There has been plenty of learning, sharing, talking, laughing, cooking (and not too much cleaning – sorry!) over the years and it is truly the end of an era to move home for a few months before getting married. What an eventful time it has been; I’ve finished my Masters by Research, climbed Mt Kilimanjaro and gone most of the way up the Himalayan Mardi Himal trek, run a marathon, done a mini triathlon, done a 1.5km ocean swim, started a partnership business, met the love of my life and am getting married now!
 So many things I will miss when I leave; I’m going to miss my own space, having full reign over the kitchen, throwing fun random dinner parties, being able to just pop by Paul’s or have him drop by for an hour or two after work. I will definitely miss the beautiful coastal runs and swims that are only 5 minutes away, the convenience of the shops just behind our apartment, but most of all I’m going to miss my fellow Fatigue supporter! In the spirit of reminiscing, this classic chinese Noodle Extravaganza was prepared for the Fatigue fighting team as a last hurrah ~ a wonderful night of eating with chopsticks, drinking ice tea and being merry!

The Menu
Yi mein (or E-fu noodles) with mix mushrooms and bok choy in oyster sauce
Dry-fried rice noodles with beef (干炒牛河)  
Garlic prawns with BBQ satay green bean vermicelli
Dessert 
Lychee ice-cream, fresh mango and fortune cookies! (Compliments of Blake and Sarah, two like-minded psychologists getting into the chinese theme!)

0 comments :

Post a Comment